Tuesday, February 16, 2010

prayer to enchiladas. cause they are dang good.


this might be a picture of nick and i in the middle of the amazon at night. and we might have had full length matching ponchos.


i might have made nick enchiladas for valentines day (and by i, i mean i provided the ingredients and nikki did most of the work) and there might have been one left in our refrigerator. and i might have eaten it last night while i was posting on my blogspot for the first time in <80 days. and nick might have been super excited about eating it for lunch today and he might have been anticipating it all day and he might have opened the fridge at approximately 1:43 pm and he might have found no enchilada. and he might have emailed me while i was in class and the email might have said in the subject line "when did you eat the enchilada?" and i might have burst out laughing right then, and it might have been at a moment we were discussing a photograph of a beheaded man that was up on the blackboard. and it might have been very inappropriate, and i might have spent the duration of a very serious class about printing graphic and tragic photographs trying to think of really really really really sad things but I might have been failing because everytime i looked up at the blackboard no matter what the photograph was i might have envisioned a very large enchilada or an empty refrigerator and burst out in inappropriate laughter.

and i might have a history of eating the last enchilada out of the fridge or maybe leftover bajio quesadilla that wasnt mine and maybe belonged to my sisters boyfriend, so i might take this opportunity to apologize to all of those whom ive wronged in the enchilada world, particularly didi mehner, who has overlooked all my enchilada sins and still found it in her heart to love me.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Love it.

I didn't know you had a blog. Very excited to see it. I sure do miss you so it is nice to have the "blog" connection.
Do you have my blog info? Here it is if you don't
www.padilla434.blogspot.com
LOVE YA!!!!

JKT said...

Oh man...really wish I'd been in your newsediting lab today for that moment...

Mandy East said...

Hey Shannon.
I don't know if you remember me, but this is Mandy from London study abroad. Hi there! It sounds like life is good for you. I just found your blog, and I wanted to tell you how much I love the way you see the world. I can't wait to read more entries! :)

Ally said...

I love that you are writing again. I love you. I will call you soon. You are inspiring so many. I promise.

nikkiricks said...

tin foil.

Katherine said...

I made two pans of enchiladas last Saturday (because I'm ridiculous like that and can't cook for one person) and have been eating them ever since. Yum. Enchiladas ARE dang good.

p.s. let's eat burritos (bajio or otherwise) together again someday.