Wednesday, June 18, 2008

lrc i love you.

i love when the man next to me in the lrc is watching made: i want to be a baseball player on mtv.com.

i love when the power all over campus turns off and the library is evacuated, and all i want is an aluminum blanket, a ham radio, and a group sing along to kumbayah.

i love when there are two 12 year old boys sitting behind me in the lrc that have been engaged in playing some sort of alien video game for 3.5 hours, and not realizing that they are in the library, have grunted multiple times in their pursuit to kill.

i love gchat, but my love for it will never exceed my love for aim. RIP Wnderchic. you were a good friend. you made me e-popular. i salute you. you improved my typing skills more than mavis beacon ever will. thank you gchat, for making internet chatting cool again.

i love caffeine. i love 32 oz of caffeine tucked in the front of my backpack, past the library security guards, every day for the last 2 years, and promptly displayed in front of my computer in the lrc.

and i love that when my best friend since i was 4 and i say our final goodbyes in the lrc when we will most likely never live in the same city again, instead of embracing, we ghostride facebook together one last time.

lrc, youre gunna miss me.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I would love aluminum blankets and kumbayah on campus.

This makes me nostalgic for what I've only half left, which might be worse than just making a clean break, I don't know, but you capture it better than I could. For what that's worth.

Anonymous said...

I just finished my freshman year (at byu) ... dreading the thought of going back. Yet your post has reminded me of the good times I have had, will have, and will miss dearly when I am on my mission. ... thanks for that