Saturday, February 9, 2008

lent.

for lent this year, i decided to give up common sense. didi, my little sister, is giving up self esteem. eric, my long-limbed friend, is giving up his virginity. My roommate katherine and her boyfriend, matt, are giving up gender. i feel good about these decisions for lent. i think these are all manageable goals, and i think if we work hard enough, we can achieve them. dedication is key, and staying out of tempting situations is a must. for example, i need to stay away from planners, career counselors, mathematicians, and any sort of parental figure. instead, i need to hang out at pool bars, focus on immediate gratification, and work on thinking only of myself and my carnal desires. its all about how much you want it, thats the thing. you have to keep your eye on the prize and not let small speed bumps along the way deter you from reaching your dreams. i challenge you all to reach for the gold. if you shoot for the moon, even if you fail you'll land among the stars. im a star, are you?

1 comment:

D said...

I will give up trying to get married. I think it is what has been holding me back. I will also give up working hard and going to bed at a reasonable hour. Oh wait. Already did that. I guess I will just continue to do all three.