Tuesday, March 25, 2008

diesta like you mean it.

as prime minister of the world, i make the laws. and i think my new law is that everyone in the world, at precisely 4:36 PM MST, has to quit whatever they are doing and dance their pants off for 22 minutes. I think this may be the solution to world hunger, poverty, depression, obesity, heartache and all other issues plaguing the universe. maybe not the cure all, but definitely a way to alleviate some of these travesties and bring some more joy into the planet. dancing is good for the soul. good for the body. good for the mind. good for the heart. and if everyone, every day, HAD to dance, dance like no one was watching, dance like they had ants in their pants, dance like their life depended on it, i think the world would be a little brighter and hearts would be a a little happier and a little less genocide would take place. not siesta. the world sleeps enough. its obviously not helping. the answer is diesta. diesta is the solution. diesta for 22 minutes, and then return to normal life. i will have to ask the dj of the world to make a dope playlist for the event, which will be piped in through a worldwide speaker system that i am working on installing. just imagine it with me. at 4:36 PM MST, back that thang up comes on from africa to jamaica to alaska to georgia, and everyone must stop, drop and back their thang up to the heavy beats of juvenile. families will be reunited. wars will end. love will be found. feuds will be forgotten. and we will all engage in some good old fashioned booty popping. one worldwide dance partay, and everyone is invited. no bouncer at this door. bring your shimmying arms and your belly rolls. its going to revolutionize the world folks. diesta or die.

10 comments:

dave said...

Oh Shannon,

I cannot agree with you more. I Heart dancing and you can count on me when my watch its 4:36 MST I will be dancing my little heart out like no other.

DIESTA OR DIE!

D said...

Do you have to be re-elected as prime minister of the world, or is it a permanent, lifelong position? This is a risky move. It has huge upside, but the downside is there also. Kind of like allowing a racist bastard to be on your spiritual advisement committee. Lets just hope the injuries and heart attacks are kept to a minimum and that there are no glitches in your speaker system. However, if your are PM for life, do whatever you want. It's your world.

Meg said...

okay... some ideas for the playlist...

Michael Jackson... "Beat It" and "Black or White" how could you not love that?

Any Nelly song. Ever. Well not ever. But the good ones.

The Wonders - "That Thing You Do"

OMC - "How Bizarre"

take it or leave it.

Ally said...

Hey Prime Minister of the WOrld,
I love the blog. I can't beleive you failed to mention to me oy uhad a blog. Rest assured i will be dancing for 22 minutes tomorrow at 3:36 pm my time. I will probably put in my ipod and turn oon step up 2 music and go outside in the Ladera Ranch community and show off my beauty shake. I am sure they will be very appalled but that is the fun of life.
I have a little challenge for you.
GO outside one day when it is not too cold and just sit somewhere in the grass and do cartwheels. Sit and stare and the grass snd pretend you are 5 again. I did this today and found myself much happier. I noticed the beauty of the birds and the comforting feel of the grass
DO IT!
love ya

Shannon Elizabeth said...

allycat, i dont know how to cartwheel, remember? thanks for bringing up painful memories of childhood. howd you find my blog you weasel? how are the nine sibs? kick eli for me.

lindsay lark said...

If you have to be re-elected, can I be your campaign manager? I'll make a soundtrack for the campaign and follow you with a boombox wherever you go (I'll only turn it off to honor Diesta at 4:36 MST). Give it some thought.

Anonymous said...

you dont know me but i love reading what you write. i wish you'd blog 6002394 times a day

Shannon Elizabeth said...

i love you anonymous. 3 46 am and i love you. lets be e-friends.

Shannon Elizabeth said...

and lindsaylark, since the position of prime minister is a self appointed title, no reelection is necessary. however, i am offering up different positions if you are interested. you can definitely be prime minister of the boom box. or i would love to give you the titile of prime minister of wardrobe, seeing as your eye for gold fashion apparel designed by beyonces mom is off the chain. let me know if you are interested. the pay isnt great, but the fans make it all worth it.

lindsay lark said...

Sign me up.